Shiraz wine brands in Kenya
- 12% ABVJacob's creek classic shirazKES 2,300
- 13% ABVBoland cellar cabernet sauvignon shirazKES 2,199
- 14% ABV5nederburg shirazKES 2,150
- 13% ABVJP Chenet Cabernet ShirazKES 2,450
- 13% ABVJacobs creek shiraz cabernetKES 2,200
- 14% ABVJacob's creek double barrel shirazKES 2,550
- 14% ABVsimonsig cabernet sauvignon shirazKES 2,700
- 14% ABV5simonsig shirazKES 3,900
- 12% ABV4frontera shirazKES 1,600
- 14% ABVExcelsior purebred shiraz merlotKES 1,999
- 14% ABV5KWV shirazKES 2,100
- 13% ABVgato negro shirazKES 1,595
- 14% ABVboschendal pavilion shiraz cabernet sauvignonKES 2,500
- 14% ABVJacob’s Creek Limestone Reserve ShirazKES 2,300
- 14% ABVLittle Rock RougeKES 2,050
- 14% ABVFairview ShirazKES 2,700
- 14% ABVPenfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz CabernetKES 2,500
- 13% ABV5simonsig cabernet sauvignonKES 4,000
- 13% ABVFuzion Shiraz-MalbecKES 2,170
- 14% ABVSavanha Pinotage ShirazKES 2,399
- 14% ABVKleine rust pinotage shirazKES 2,750
- 4Tall Horse ShirazKES 1,700
- 13% ABVJP Azeitao syrahKES 2,950
- 14% ABVKevin Arnold ShirazKES 7,200
- 14% ABVfranschhoek cellar shirazKES 2,500
- 13% ABV14 Hands Hot to TrotKES 2,580
- 14% ABVTerra linda syrahKES 2,150
- 14% ABVFish hoek shirazKES 2,299
- 13% ABVStellenbosch Vineyards ShirazKES 2,600
- 14% ABVPenfolds Bin 389 Cabernet ShirazKES 14,299
Whether you call it Shiraz or Syrah, you will be referring to the same thing. Shiraz is a popular red wine enjoyed worldwide. The Shiraz red grape varietal originated from France, originally referred to as Syrah, and got the name Shiraz from Australia. Although the grape originated from France, it is widely planted across the globe. It expresses itself differently depending on the terroir of the different regions in which it is cultivated. However, certain characteristics remain the same since genetically; the grape is the same across all regions.
Shiraz is among the darkest red wines in the world with rich tannins. It is a full-bodied wine with aromatic notes of pepper spice, black fruit, tobacco, and smoked meat. While Syrah and Shiraz are the same grape, there will often be stylistic differences in wine labeled Shiraz and Syrah wines. Winemakers in the cooler regions in the Old World and New World often label their wines as Syrah. These wines are usually leaner and with higher acidity and savory in style.
On the other hand, warmer regions in Australia, for instance, label their wines as Shiraz. These wines are usually fruit-forward and lush. However, the Shiraz wine style is evolving with winemakers producing elegant and complex wines. This evolution means that there will always be something new to discover in Syrah/Shiraz red wines.
Shiraz red wines will typically showcase black fruit flavors, smooth tannins, and spice. The high tannin level is a source of useful antioxidants that have health benefits. Shiraz has a rich flavor profile, ranging from blackcurrants, blueberries, and black cherries with chocolate notes nuances. Some Shiraz wines are aged in oak that imparts oaky notes. Shiraz is mostly available in a dry style, although some entry wines may have low residual sugars levels. It usually has higher alcohol content (13-15.5%) than other red wines of similar style. For this reason, serving with a slight chill is ideal for experiencing full flavors and aroma.
There are many Shiraz wine varieties from different parts of the world sold in Kenya. Some honorable mention like Nederburg Shiraz, Simonsig Shiraz, Van Loveren Christina Shiraz, and others are among the most popular Shiraz wines in Kenya. Drinks Vine seeks the best Shiraz wines and sells them at the best prices. You can browse through our Shiraz collection and choose your favorite. Enjoy free wine delivery in Nairobi, a service that takes less than 30 minutes.