Tequila brands & prices in Kenya
- 40% ABVClase Azul Reposado TequilaKES 16,700 - KES 43,999
- 40% ABVJimador ReposadoKES 3,450 - KES 3,950
- 40% ABVCasamigos ReposadoKES 19,700 - KES 25,000
- 38% ABVdon julio reposadoKES 9,400
- 37% ABV5jose cuervo goldKES 3,200 - KES 3,600
- 40% ABVcamino goldKES 2,950
- 38% ABVolmeca goldKES 3,500
- 38% ABVsierra goldKES 2,500
- 20% ABVOlmeca Dark ChocolateKES 3,500
- 38% ABVolmeca fusionKES 3,600
- 38% ABVGusano Rojo MezcalKES 9,799
- 35% ABVPatron Citronge Orange LiqueurKES 7,199
- 40% ABVjose cuervo silverKES 3,199 - KES 3,599
- 38% ABVdon julio blancoKES 8,800
- 40% ABVcamino silverKES 2,900
- 38% ABV4olmeca blancoKES 3,245
- 38% ABVDon julio 1942KES 64,500 - KES 99,000
- 38% ABVdon julio anejoKES 9,800
- 40% ABVpatron anejoKES 9,000
- 38% ABVOlmeca Anejo Extra AgedKES 4,200 - KES 4,895
tequila brands in Kenya
|No||Brand Name||Country of origin|
|9||Don Julio Tequila||Mexico|
Buy Tequila Online in Kenya
Agave tequila is a popular spirit internationally. It is enjoyed across the globe and has gained popularity here in Kenya. There are many tequila brands in Kenya sourced from Mexico, all of impeccable quality and taste. At Drinks Vine online liquor store, we give you the chance to buy tequila online at the best price in Kenya. Through our alcohol delivery in Nairobi, we ensure that you get your favorite tequila bottle in minutes at your doorstep at no extra cost.
Tequila is a spirit made from the Blue Agave plant, hence the name Agave tequila. For an alcoholic beverage to be called tequila, it must be made from the Blue Agave plant and must come from the state of Jalisco in Mexico and be bottled between 35 and 55 percent ABV. The most popular tequila brands in Kenya are Don Julio, Jose Cuervo, Patron, Camino, and Olmeca.
Tequila is made by fermenting sugars in the blue agave plant core, which is cooked to extract the sugars, then fermented, distilled, and sometimes aged. The plants take up to six years to mature. Unlike whisky where most of the time is spent in aging the spirit, most time in tequila is spent in cultivation.
Types of Tequila
Blanco or silver - Commonly referred to as silver or white tequila in Kenya. These can be bottled immediately after fermentation or left in neutral oak barrels or stainless steel to allow oxidization for up to two months. Silver/Blanco tequilas are bold and perfect choices for cocktails.
Oro (gold) or Joven (young) - They are called so from their golden hue, which is imparted by adding coloring and flavor additives in unaged tequilas made just as Blanco tequilas or sometimes made by blending aged and unaged tequila.
Reposado - These must be aged in oak or vats 2-12 months. Reposado tequila is best enjoyed in mixed drinks and sipping.
Anejo - These tequilas must be aged in 600 litres oak barrels for at least 12 months and up to three years. Aging in oak imparts vanilla, toasty, and citrus flavors.
Extra Anejo - These are extra-aged Anejo tequila that must be aged in 600 litres oak barrels for at least three years. These tequilas are smoky and oaky.
Curados - This is a new category that didn't exist until 2006. These tequilas are imparted with natural flavors like strawberry, lemon, pineapple, pear, and orange. Making these tequilas utilizes a minimum of 25% agave spirit and the rest 75% must come from fermentation of sugars from corn or cane, and the addition of flavoring compounds, coloring, and sweeteners up to 75ml/litre.
For aged tequilas, the types of oak used depends on the distillery. Distillers can opt for new casks, previously used casks in holding tequila, or those used for aging American whiskey. How tequila matures and ultimately the taste, depends on the type of wood used, temperature and humidity, the thickness of stave, and toast level.
How to Drink Tequila
Tequila enthusiasts have different ways in which they enjoy the Agave Mexican Spirit. It is a spirit that can be easily enjoyed in many situations, whether taken neat, in Margarita, a shot with lime or enjoyed alone in the backyard, with friends on an evening on the beach. There are amazing cocktail recipes that you can explore and find out which works best for you.
Tequila Price in Kenya
The price ranges from the most expensive tequila to the most affordable. Depending on the occasion, you can opt for a luxurious treat with Don Julio 1942 or a regular drink with brands like Jose Cuervo, Camino, Olmeca, or Patron tequila. You can buy a bottle of tequila for as low as Ksh 2,400 and as much as Ksh 89,000.
At Drinks Vine, we offer you convenience by having the best alcohol delivery service in Nairobi. You can buy drinks online and we will deliver them to your home or office in less than 30 minutes. Dial for a delivery today for the best service. Order from a single bottle or in bulk for a party, or when you have guests over.